Tips for Buyers and Sellers During the COVID-19 Crisis
Mar 17, 2020 | Buying Selling
These are uncertain and unsettling times for all of us. Let us reassure you that we at the SAM Team remain solely focused on the needs and wellness of our clients, and this guides all of our decisions. First and foremost we want to let you know that we are in this together as a community. We are praying for those on the front lines battling this illness. And we’re hoping everyone is staying safe and healthy as things change day by day.
We have noticed a slow down in the market over the last few days, but our team is still working with buyers and getting offers. It is our priority to get your home sold and although volume is down, sales are still happening. We at the SAM Team are taking every precaution to minimize the risk of exposure as we continue to assist buyers and sellers. Here are some precautions and important information we have passed on to our clients to help reduce the spread of illness.
Tips For Buyers
- Please properly sanitize before entering a home and refrain from touching any surfaces, doorknobs, cabinet pulls, plumbing fixtures, or light switches once inside.
- Please properly sanitize after leaving a showing.
- We are asking that agents showing properties to leave all light fixtures on after the showing to reduce touching light switches.
- Please do not attend a showing if you are feeling unwell or are under quarantine.
- The SAM Team has suspended all open houses on their listings until further notice.
Tips For Sellers
- Please leave all lights on, blinds and window coverings open, and interior doors left open before a showing.
- Please do not be present for showings.
- Consider disinfecting all door knobs, switches and cabinet pulls before the showing.
- Remember to disinfect all door knobs, switches and cabinet pulls after the showing.
- If your home is being photographed for listing purposes, please note that photographers will not proceed if the home owner is present. They also will not switch on any lights, lamps or fireplaces, or pick up or move any miscellaneous items left out. Homes will be photographed as-is, so please take extra time to prepare.
- If you have become ill or must self-quarantine please inform your agent as soon as possible. In this instance, the Calgary Real Estate Board (CREB) requires a temporary withdrawal of your listing from the MLS system. A typical withdrawal would last 10 days, but CREB is allowing a longer temporary period. During a temporary withdrawal, the total “Days On Market” does not increase. The number of “Days On Market” will begin again once the listing is active again on the market. If you require a temporary withdrawal, please let your agent know so they can put together the necessary documents.
We at the SAM Team are making every effort to ensure our clients are safe and informed while preventing the spread of illness. We are here for you with support, understanding and commitment. Please reach out via phone, text, email or in person if you need assistance, guidance or just want to talk.